Friday, May 25, 2007

Folding a Paper Crane

After reading about Origami and the fascinating story about Senbazuru the thousand paper cranes its obivious to try folding a paper crane.So I started my mission of folding a paper crane.

I started with searching folding patterns on google and found a lot of sites.The following are a few which were useful in understanding the folding pattern.



Monkey.org
Wikibooks.org
origami-club



I started with a fairly square piece of paper but ended with something which was no where near to a paper crane.But that was the first attempt ,I kept trying and after the third attempt I was able to fold a paper crane.

Well I was trying this the night before my major job interview and to my surprise I cleared the interview.At present I am working in the company for which that interview was held.Seems the lucky charm helped me.

I would like to suggest to start with a perfect square paper if you really want to fold a beautiful crane.

If you could not follow the folding pattern's then see these videos.


video 1
video 2
video 3


I hope these videos helped you.

To send a thousand cranes to the Children's Monument in Hiroshima's Peace Park, string them on garlands of 100 cranes each, and mail them to:
 
     Office of the Mayor
     City of Hiroshima
     6-34 Kokutaiji-Machi
     1 Chome Naka-ku
     Hiroshima 730 
     Japan.

No comments: