Saturday, January 15, 2011

Origami Azalea

Day 46 - Origami Azalea
























Origami Azalea is a model by Kalei Anne Lundberg.The design was inspired by the George Rhoads Double Bird Base diagramed in Neal Elias’ Miscellaneous Folds I.

I felt this is one of the difficult models.It needs 2x1 piece of paper.
It took me long time to understand and fold it.The video my Mari Michaelis on youtube is really useful and easy to follow.The video is in 2 parts.You can find them below.

Part 1:-


Part 2:-


I would suggest to start with a big paper.Take half of the paper for the flower and 1/4th of the other half for stamen. It goes well with both double side colored or single side coloured paper.

My flower looks somewhat near to the actual model even though not exact.

You can find the diagram at origami-resource-center.

No comments: