Thursday, January 13, 2011

Origami Day Lily

Day 44 - Origami Day Lily

The day lily folds are not completely similar to the traditional lily but at one stage you find a few similarity.The folds start with arbitary folding which is one thing I didnt like cause one maynot be able to decide well. But that is the beauty of art not everything is predefined . you need to experiment to get something new.

You can take both one side or double side colored paper depending on your likings as both will do good.Its an easy and neat model but I would suggest you start with a big paper first time as you may find it bit tough to fold the intricate small folds at one stage.


Folding Instructions:-
Origami-Instructions  Photo instructions

2 comments:

Zombie Girrrl said...

This is lovely. I'll be trying my hand at this one next.

Zombie Girrrl said...

Finished! I made it with a sheet from a catalog. Three of the petals have bikini-clad ladies, it's kinda funny.
My favorite part is right at the end when it suddenly takes shape, like that moment that it changes from a piece of folded paper into something beautiful. Magic.